Coronavirus Scare! How to Boost Immunity
This weekend we realized how crazy things are getting with the CoronaVirus scare after going to the grocery store for our weekly meal prep and seeing how all the disinfectant wipes, toilet paper, and water were completely sold out.
We want to share with you a few tips on how to boost your immune system and avoid inflammation which in turn should help keep your body, virus free. Although we do have to say it is essential to talk to your healthcare provider if you think you may have any viral symptoms.
Viral Infection Prevention Tips Include:
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid sugary drinks such as soda and energy drinks.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep may lower your immune system.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise boosts the immune system.
- Reduce your stress level. Stress can lower the immune system so make sure to prioritize your self care routine.
- Prioritize your diet to include lots of fruits vegetables good quality protein, and healthy fats. An anti inflammatory diet will definitely help your body stay healthy and strong.
A supplement we like to recommend that you might want to consider is elderberry. Elderberry is an herb that has a long history of use for the remedy for colds, sinus infections, and the flu. Researchers believe that anthocyanin, compounds found naturally in elderberry may be the active components that strengthen the immune system and block the flu virus from sticking to our cells. Consider taking it daily and giving it to your kids to help them out too.
We hope that these tips help you this season! Leave us a comment and let us know what you think.