- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ tsp. salt, divided
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 tsp. lime zest, plus 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 6 corn tortillas, warmed
- Optional garnish: shaved radish
1. Slice mushroom caps in half and place in a wide-rimmed bowl. Combine oil, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper in a small bowl. Brush mushrooms with oil-spice mixture, and let sit 15 minutes.
2. Next, heat a greased grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms (in batches, if necessary, to avoid over-crowding). Cook 3 to 4 minutes, undisturbed, until grill marks appear, flip and cook 2 more minutes. Season with ½ tsp. of the salt, transfer to a cutting board, and slice into strips.
3. Mash avocados in a bowl with ¼ tsp. salt, lime zest, and juice; set aside.
4. To assemble tacos, spread avocado evenly on tortillas and top with mushrooms and red cabbage. Garnish with radishes and jalapeños, if desired.
Shop products mentioned here
CONNECT WITH US
Follow us on our social media & be updated with HeatXtreme’s latest products! Follow and
us to get a chance to be featured in our social media community!