Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon almond butter (or any nut/seed butter you like)
- 1 large egg
- 3 small extra ripe bananas, mashed very well (3/4 cup total)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease muffin pan with oil, or use silicone muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl add nut/seed butter and egg. Use hand mixer to combine, or whisk together vigorously. Add in mashed banana and combine until smooth.
3. Add in almond flour and evenly sprinkle on baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, and salt. Use large spatula to gently combine until no lumps are present in batter. Gently fold in your mix-ins if using. Muffin batter should have a medium thickness, but not too heavy.
4. Evenly distribute batter into 9 muffin cups, about 2/3 of the way full. Top muffin batter with extra chocolate chips if you like.
5. Bake muffins for 12-18 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Muffins will rise and cracks should appear when done. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!