Apple Pie Energy Bites
Serving Size: 20
- 1 cup dates about 10
- 1 cup dried apple rings
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg depending on taste
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water or more nut butter
- For rolling: 1 tablespoon maple sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional
1. Add dates and apples to a food processor and process on high until finely ground. Add nuts and grind again until combined.
2. Add spices, peanut butter and coconut oil, and process again until a dough begins to form. If the mixture is too dry, add water one tablespoon at a time until the mixture comes together into a sticky dough.
3. Form mixture into balls and repeat until no dough remains.
- 4. Roll the balls in the maple sugar-cinnamon mixture, then store in the fridge or freezer.